Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Incredible Hulk Transformation

The Incredible Hulk Transformation_Inked
I have not kept it from any of you that I am not that big of a fan of the Hulk, but I must say that I did enjoy drawing him. After finishing the inking portion of this drawing, I couldn't stop staring at him. I actually kept him out of my portfolio for a few days just to stare at him. I would have to say that this was the best inking job that I've done so far. I was finally able to keep what I as the penciler had in mind for the drawing in the first place, to display the emotions that Banner was going through during the transformation - agony, despair, and anger. My only hope is that I'll be able to do the same when the time comes to color it this fall.

SCAD 411


SCAD-Atlanta Animation Society Table

SCAD-Atlanta was holding a SCAD 411 on Friday, June 24, 2011, and it was where prospective students and their families tour the school. SCAD wanted different majors and clubs to be represented especially the clubs. They acted as if the event couldn't be held without the clubs. I've been rather disappointed about the turnout that the SCAD-Atlanta Animation Society has had during the 2010-2011 year, and even though it is still up in the air whether I'll be attending the meetings for the start of the 2011-2012 year I was determined to make sure that we have better turn out. Therefore, I agreed to be the sole representative of the SCAD-Atlanta Animation Society. This was the third time that I've represented the Animation Society, and the first time didn't go so well although it was good enough for me to represent them again later, but I didn't get the accepted students excited enough to attend the meetings. Most of them wanted me for my knowledge of the school and animation, not the club. The second time was similar although I was not the lone representative, but the crowds at our table were small. I remembered when I first joined the Animation Society in the Fall of 2009 that the crowds were huge at that table, and I wanted to bring that back. Therefore, I decided to give things away to each student that visited my table, and so I made eighty-one SCAD-Atlanta Animation Society magnets with three different designs, making it twenty-seven magnets for each design. Each design was based upon the posters that will be seen throughout the campus advertising the meetings during the quarter. However, I still needed to entice them to come over to the table, and so I made...close to a hundred sugar cookies with an American Flag design on them. 

My plan worked beautifully! My table was extremely popular, and I think that I got people interested in what I was saying. It did get a little tiresome repeating the same information over and over again, but that's the break when you're trying to get people interested in your club. Unfortunately I did not get rid of all the cookies, which I so desperately wanted to do since there were close to a hundred of them. I wish that I had brought a bowl with me that I wouldn't have minded getting rid of because there was this one girl who was just crazy about the cookies that she just kept coming back for them. She even came back when I was packing everything up. I didn't get rid of all the magnets either, but that's okay. I can save them for the upcoming Club Fair when the Fall Quarter begins, and I can also give them to fellow members of the Animation Society. All in all, however, it was a huge success. It's a shame that I have a previous engagement on July 1st otherwise I would be there for the final SCAD 411.


Animation Society Magnet
 My table was next to the Scotch Tape Sculpture Club, and the club basically makes sculptures out of Scotch tape. It's a weird club. The representative of the club, who will remain nameless, comes over to my table near the end of the event, and he picks up one of the magnets - the one shown above - and asks me who made it. I should've known better than to think that he was going to compliment it, but I still replied that I had made it. He puts the magnet down and says that he doesn't like it, but he never tells me why or what about it he didn't like. I wasn't sure did he not like the design or did he not like the magnet itself. I don't mind if someone doesn't like my work, but at least tell me why. I can't improve on my work if I don't know which area of it should be improved upon. However, I have come to the conclusion that I don't care what he says because my audience is more important to me. That magnet was the second most popular one, and that says more about the design than what some Scotch Tape sculptor says!

Way Behind the Curve

My mom has been suffering from a hernia and ulcers in recent months, and it was believed that she was going to be needing surgery to repair the hernia. She would have had to stay in the hospital for at least six days to recover, which was devastating to her, but she decided that if she was going to spend days lying on her back then she might as well do something that she had always wanted to do. She wanted to read Harry Potter. She and I both decided to read Harry Potter at the same time, and we would have a small book club - more reliable than the ones she tried starting in the neighborhood. Fortunately the doctors decided to give the hernia another month to heal, and so she won't be having the surgery anytime soon, but we still went ahead with reading the first two Harry Potter books. We were way behind the curve, but the first book was great, and the second book is great so far. 

I don't know about my mom, but I think that after I'm done with Harry Potter I will read The Chronicles of Narnia. I got the sixth book of Narnia when I attended the Engaged Art Show during the Spring Quarter, but I've never read the first five books. So I'm going to start in the beginning before I read the sixth book.

Final Thoughts

Tomorrow is July 1st, and it's my brother, DJ Wright's birthday. Happy 31st Birthday, DJ!

After I've finished reading the second Harry Potter book I'll get started on drawing The Doo Family Portrait. Until next time, this is Billy Wright, wishing you all a good night. So long, everybody!  

No comments:

Post a Comment